Friday, June 12, 2015

Just Add Ink #266 - Colour Combo

WOWIE!!!
I love the colour combo challenge we have at Just Add Ink this week - Night of Navy, Pink Pirouette and Gold :)

I think it's super girly even with the dark blue and I can't wait to make many many more cards using it.

I'm not sure if the idea of cutting out a piece of the background came from my head or if I saw it on pinterest??
That's what sleep deprivation will do to your brain :P


I embossed the background with the swiss dots folder and then used my gold ink pad to colour the tops of the dots!


I don't have any Night of Navy ink so I've used the retired Midnight Muse and I may have used a couple of extra pinks too - you can never have too many pinks :P



I'd love to see how you use these colours so please show us by linking up at Just Add Ink.
If you need some inspiration the Design Team have come up with some beautiful cards this week!

8 comments:

  1. Oh wow this is just gorgeous Trish! The cut out background is fabulous and I love your idea to colour the raised polka dots too. Such a beautiful flower and you are so right - you can never have too much pink :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's just gorgeous Trish! Sleep deprivation or pinterest either way having the notch at the top is really effective visually and I love your idea of adding gold tops to all you embossed dots it adds so much detail to the navy base. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely love this, Trishie. And I love the idea of cutting out a piece of the background dsp, I haven't seen it before. The gold dots look great too. Considering you're so sleep deprived, you've certainly created a really beautiful card! Can't wait to see more from you using this colour combo. xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. If this is sleep deprivation, you are one talented lady..:0) Absolutely love everything about this card Trish, so many lovely details and elements, it's really beautiful, your layers are drool worthy! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely a very girly & gorgeous creation, Trish. Love the gold embossed sentiment on the splash of pink & that pretty flower. I so admire your hand steadiness managing those gold spots (wow!) Hope this is turning out to be a much more sleepy week for you.
    Hugs, D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how you coloured the dots Trish, great idea. Such a beautiful floral stamp. Great colours aye? Chantell x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just love the design of this card. The paper you used for the background is gorgeous and the floral stamp is really spectacular! Really like this colour combo and everyone's cards are so amazing, must try this again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow - what an absolutely stunningly elegant card! The layout and your choice of stamp sets are perfect together!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave some love xox