Friday, June 17, 2011

Just Add Ink - Just add Colouring!

I was super excited to see the challenge set this week by the Just Add Ink team........

Just add Colouring!

I haven't used my Copics in a while and I had just brought this new stamp and was dying to colour it up!!! So this challenge was perfect timing.

I've paper pieced the umbrella and it's the first time I've tried this technique and I really like it. I might have to use it more often.

LinkI've used:
Paper
-Whisper White, Basic Black, Ridinghood Red and Love Letter DSP

Ink -
Copics and Tuxedo Black memento
Stamp Set - Rain and Shine by Unity Stamps
Other: Black grosgrain ribbon, Nestabilities and flowers

So whip out your blender pens, aqua painters, markers, chalks or copics and get colouring!
Link up your creation with the JAI blog so we can all see what you've coloured :)

12 comments:

  1. This is such a lovely and very sweet card. Well done.

    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, this is so sweet! I love how you've paper pieced the umbrella especially. The piece of DSP you've used is perfect! Love your colouring too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I reallllllllllly like this! Love that paper pierced umbrella!! Great job as always this week Trishy!

    K
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work, your colouring is great, and as previously said, the DSP used looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is absolutely stunning!! So elegant and rich looking. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just beautiful, that umbrella is fabulous, love it, as I love that so cute image!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful, Trish; love the paper you've used (and isn't paper-piecing fun?!). Were you and Patrice in cahoots about using umbrellas on your cards?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a fantastic card, Trish! I love that sentiment. Your paper piercing is perfect as is your colouring. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is stunning Trish - love it!! Great striking colours (love that punch of yellow) and very fun too!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous Trish, from the image to the colours and paper piecing...a really striking card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha had to laugh at Christine's comment...can't believe we both went for such similar ideas this week.

    Love this image and sentiment. Love the colours/dsp you've chosen. Great piecing too, go you!

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful, stunning image and card. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave some love xox