Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Rusty update

Thought I'd pop in and give you a quick update on Rusty

Firstly I have to apologise for the darkness of the photos but there wasn't much light in the garage last night.

I've been waiting for a few weeks now for a part to arrive so I could start putting it all together, finally I got it and it was the first part to go onto the bike. As you can see in the picture below!


This next picture is of all the parts I've been collecting from different places. I was quite surprised to find a lot of parts that I thought would have been easy to get in different colours weren't. I was expecting it to all be like Stampin Up! - all different products in matching colours. I was wrong :( I wanted this bike to have lots of pink on it but I couldn't get all the same matching colour pink. So I had to change a few of the ideas that I had. Even as it is I'm having to 'put up' with all the different variations of white on the bike. I think I've become too much of a perfectionist since working with such wonderful crafting products.


There were a few hiccups that we are still working around but I hope to have her ready by 21 March as I've entered into the Great Brisbane Bike ride of 45kms! I'm not very fit so I'm hoping that Rusty is going to be easy to ride to help me get through the slog.

Here she is with her wheels on - starting to look more like a bike finally!
I'm very excited to get her together and I'll post a picture of her when she is all ready!!!!
Fingers crossed that will be very soon.

On to crafty things now, I'm working on an entry to Makeesha's inkspirations sketch challenge. Hopefully I'll finish that off tomorrow and have it posted here for you to check out.

Until then have a great night or day - depending on what part of world you come from.

2 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to leave some love xox